sexta-feira, fevereiro 11, 2011

Slightly Off-Kilter

Bedazzling.


I was looking at a picture (not actually the one shown here, as I couldn't show the real picture for privacy issues). It portrays a young woman wearing a very beautiful face. For some reason, I couldn't get my eyes off her. And I couldn't get my head out of it as well. And I kept coming back for more. 

I began thinking why it is so. It's not as if I'm in love or anything like that. It's just that this girl has something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. And then I realized what it was.

Her eyes. 

Her glance. 

Her gaze. 

It has a kind of hypnotic quality, so that one cannot help but stare at this truly bedazzling glare. A Glare that exerts a kind of bedazzlement upon me, with a luminance strong enough to light a light in the mind's eye.

I came to my senses as to the reason of this entrapment that I found myself into. And I assigned it to a very particular quality of hers, which is that her eyes are slightly off-kilter. Normally one would think that this is not desirable, and surely most of the time that's the way it is. But this girl, she's different. Slightly off-center, but just rightly so, subtle yet noticeable to an attentive mind. The luminous power it exudes puts me on a state of trance hard to get out of. And yet I crave for this, for it bewitches me, it inspires me, it entangles me in knots I'm not really sure I'd be willing to get rid of. 

Hope springs eternal.

Um comentário:

erica lorenz disse...

Beutiful.
You are very sentive.